Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Revealing a bit of myself...

... however, you have to make up your mind how much this really reveals of me (little D.)... Patty, who has her own very enjoyable blog (go and check it out!) recently invited us to tagging. We decided to do it our way and here is one list that might interest you. (If not, just wait for the next post.)

I always find it very interesting which book one reads in bed. This are the books on my bedside table at the moment:

Iris Murdoch, The Philospher's Pupil
Peter Matthiessen, Auf der Spur des Schneeleoparden
John Perkins, The secret history of the American empire
Henrik M. Broder, Hurra, wir kapitulieren! Von der Lust am Einknicken (not really a book to read before sleeping, because it always makes me wide awake. I love it!! He is brilliant!)
Jean-Francois Revel / Matthieu Ricard, The monk and the philosopher
Tony Wheeler's Bad Lands, A tourist on the axis of evil
William Dalrymple, The Age of Kali, Indian travels and encounters
John Pilger, Verdeckte Ziele
Frances Hardinge, Fly by night

What are the books on your bedside table? Any recommendations?

1 comment:

Patty said...

Since being displaced from my bedroom, my bedside table is only big enough to hold my sleeping mask, earplugs, touch lamp, and alarm clock. I should get rid of the alarm clock because I have no need for it, as I barely manage to stay asleep with the use of the sleeping mask and earplugs.

On the table across from the bed however might be any of the books mentioned in my tag (They move back and forth between this table and the one by the chair I sit in most during the day), as well as the current Runner's World magazine,the latest Yoga magazine, and an assortment of anti-sugar/raw foods (un) cookbooks.

Your list sounds VERY "smart." I would probably have to add a dictionary to the pile if I were going to read and understand some of your books. Oh! AND a German/English translation one as well.

Thanks for playing!